Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 10 Bush camp to Caiguna 67 kms

What a beautiful morning it was this morning. The weather was mild and the sky pink tinged along the horizon and then very blue all over. It is Georg's and my birthdays today and everyone was wishing us Happy Birthday at breakfast. Peter came out and gave me a big kiss on the cheek and then went to do the same thing to Georg. The look on Georg's face was precious and I wish we had had a camera ready.
We had planned to stop at the 50 km mark for morning tea but when we got there everyone had gone on. The wind was up their tails and they were traveling above 30km/hr all morning. Richard and Paul then Woody all stopped at the 55km mark and had a quick break before being blown down the highway to Caiguna.
We were all in by 10.30am and I'm sure we had all showered by 11.30 am and were fighting over the one washing machine available. 2 bush camps in a row can be a pretty dirty business. I spent the afternoon downloading photos and receiving phone calls from family and friends with birthday wishes. Collis shouted me a motel room for my birthday- not much choice for accommodation in Caiguna. The camping area is pretty basic. Richard, Paul, Jim, Woody, Annie, Mark and Kirsten all upgraded.

No comments:

Post a Comment