Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day 34 Port Fairy to Port Campbell 105 kms

Woke to rain and strong winds this morning plus the phone ringing madly. It was 6.30 and our son was ringing to say the battery on my car at home was flat!! He is using my car while we are away, anyway told him to ring the RACV to fix it- I couldn't do anything from here. We had slept in and we had to rush to get out to catch the riders before they headed off.
I'm starting to get really tired. My mood is a little flat and I think because I am tired and also that the adventure is coming to an end. It has been a huge undertaking, not only for the riders but for Collis and I as well. We started planning these rides nearly 2 years ago and every spare minute I had was used in the preparation towards this. It has been my focus for 2 years and it is coming to a close. I am unsure what I will do with myself next but a few of the riders want us to start planning the next rides.
Most of the riders went to the Cheese Factory for a drink and then we had morning tea at the 47 km mark. Lunch was at the Bay of Islands and into Port Campbell by 1.30. The scenery is changing with spectacular views along the road.
Georg has been contemplating going home apparently, since he had the fall off his bike. He wasn't enjoying the pain he was having from the fall, the cold weather and the restrictions that both were putting on his riding (of course the trouble with his tent wasn't helping either). BUT he has picked up and he is glad he continued on especially for the scenery leading into and along the Great Ocean Road.
Rain again  this afternoon but we had all set up our tents and settled into the well stocked camp kitchen. Some of us did get a little wet running from the tent area to the amenities block.

No comments:

Post a Comment