Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 22 Port Augusta Rest Day 0 kms

(Kathy writing again)
Had to jump out of bed this morning as we were putting on another breakfast for the riders. It was just the usual with eggs, bacon, tomatoes, hash browns, mushrooms and chipolattos. It is Peters birthday today and even though he tried to keep it quiet, we managed to suss it out thanks to Facebook. He is a man with everything so not an easy one to buy for but we ended up with a bottle of wine and a map of the Nullarbor.
As this was the last meal I have to cook, I didn't have to spend another rest day shopping for food. We did have to buy our food supplies (which are minimal) and I got myself a pair of gloves ($3) and Collis and I both bought ourselves cheap magnifying glasses as he keeps breaking his and people keep stepping on my prescription glasses when they fall out of my hidey hole (the front of my top).
We went to the local flea market and picked up a kookaburra for the backyard, a brownie Downey plate and a backpack (wallabies for Jim). The food there was pretty good and we bought an egg and bacon pie, apple pie and a bread & butter pudding. Yummee!
Spent the rest of the day doing washing and having nanny naps. Nothing too exciting. Most of the riders went for walks to the shops and some of the local attractions. Quite a few of them bought themselves rubber gloves to be used when folding their tents in the morning. That will be a sight when they are all walking around with bright yellow gloves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment